Friday, September 5, 2008

Voting

One thing I don't like about being register to vote... jury duty. Now I know if I'm a full time student I can get out of it but I have to go through that hassle. I would love to do it if I wasn't a student though, I think it'd be interesting to see how the court system works in real life after learning about it in a textbook.

Another thing about voting... why don't people register? Alex isn't registered... though help me god he is going to be before the election!!!

I mean, it's like saying you don't care about your country's future if you don't care about the election. Hopefully now in the last few months people will get more interested and watch the debates and such. I know people argue that "My one vote won't make a difference"... well... what if everyone though that?! Or that the big issues they hate will never get voted into law even if the other guy wins. If you don't vote for President your not voting for Congress either and if most of his party makes up Congress... then yeah, they will.

Anyway, I watched Sarah Palin's speech yesterday morning (online) and John McCain's speech last time. Really inspiring :) I pretty much agree with all the main issues. Some say Palin is an extreme conservative... but I agree with her issues. I guess living in a deep South in a very conservative area has something to do with it but I don't see what the big deal is?

No comments: