Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I just want you to know who I am

Just got back from grocery shopping!

I'm about to cook in a few minutes. I think I'm going to make baked chicken. Here is my recipe -

Frozen chicken breasts, thawed (I get the kind in the green bag from walmart and cook four at a time)
Bacon
Cajun seasoning
Basil
Salt & Pepper
1 Onion
Mushrooms (canned or sauteed fresh, doesn't matter. I have fresh though today so I'll use that.)
Garlic (2 cloves)

So what I do is line a baking pan w/ aluminum foil then put the chicken breasts in and coat them w/ olive oil. Then I season them w/ Cajun seasoning (use lots, its not strong), basil (not too much, it IS strong), S&P, and minced fresh garlic. Then I cover them with strips of bacon (raw.) Then I top it all with sliced onions and mushrooms and baked it until its done (I'm not good with timing... I just check it every so often.) Cover the top w/ foil too until the last few minutes of cooking. If you want the bacon crispy on top, broil it for a few minutes.

*EDIT* - I also usually add chopped bell pepper. I buy peppers then chop them and freeze them in the freezer until I need them. You can just add it frozen, it thaws fast. I used orange this time.

I used to cook this all the time when I lived at home for supper when my mom would work late. It's easy and good. I think I might also make baked potatoes (I always cook them in the microwave, SO much easier and it tastes the same.) And maybe something else... I don't know.

I really need to study for my derivatives test tonight. I'm so lost in that class it is not even funny.

Oh yeah! This weekend I'm going to Alex's family reunion-type thing in Wetumpka. We'll see how that goes... as long as they aren't super-psycho and mean like his mom's side of the family, It'll be fine. Which btw... his mom is acting really nice and normal now. I guess she feels bad for cutting me down in front of my parents/trying to ruin my engagement party/trying to break Alex & I up. An apology would be a lot nicer though... I'm not going to forget her being so unnecessarily cruel to me just like that. Just because I want to marry her son. Like I'm an evil person or something. Yep. Whatever. As long as she doesn't try to pull anything else though, I'll play nice :) But if she so as much makes one rude comment during this wedding planning process... Alex better be standing next to me. Because I don't/didn't deserve all that crap. I like to think I'm a very nice person. Sure, I may be a little frank/straightforward sometimes... but I'm not mean. I guess I just don't fit in with them. I'm not loud... I can come across as serious (which I'm totally not... but I am with people I don't feel comfortable around) or quiet (again, with people I don't feel comfortable with) I guess but that doesn't make me rude. It means your making me uncomfortable! I always felt that way when I went over to their house. But I think it is getting better now.

Ok so I just completely went off on a rant there. Also, update on the job thing, I had to do a personality profile. I hate those. Anyway, I better start cooking.

No comments: