Saturday, September 6, 2008

Old friends & Birthday dinner

Last night I went to Ashland Pub & then the corner bar w/ Alex and his friends.
Everytime I hang out with him I can't help but think they have so much drama... like they could seriously have their own version of Dawson Creek. I don't mean it in a bad way though, they are all really nice :)

Sometimes I wish I had friends that go that far back, to elementary and high school. I feel out of place because I'm the only one who didn't go to McGill and one of the few who didn't go to St. Marys.

I don't even talk to the people I went to elementary school with... in fact, most of the people seem to have disapeared completely. I see people from high school sometimes but we usually don't say anything...

My longest friendship to date is three years.

It doesn't usually bother me that much though, because I have Alex and he is always around to have fun with. Sometimes though, when I go out with people who have tons of friends from back in the day... I kind of wish I did too, like I am missing out on something.

Anyway, tonight we're having a birthday dinner for Alex and my grandma. I'm probably going to bass pro shop with Michael to get Alex a present (shhh) :D We're going to have black eyed peas & cornbread (Alex's fav) and a chocolate dobash cake (my fav... Alex doesn't really like cake!)

No comments: