Monday, November 24, 2008

Headache

I'm so stressed out I could cry. I have too much due tomorrow and not enough time.

I had an interview today... in front of three managers... and it didn't go so great. For one, they kept asking what kind of job I was interested in... and never explained the job I was supposedly applying for. I was lost, to say the least. What kind of job do I want? ANY job. Just like any other graduate! I mean seriously, what kind of question is that? Do they seriously think anyone right out of college knows excactly which particular section of finance or accounting they want to go in? And even if they did, what's the chance that particular company has it? It was an impossible question. Then they had to ask the hardest question ever - "Why should we choose you over the 5 other canidates?" FIRST OFF - am I even competing with them?! How many positions are there to begin with? They did not explain it very well at all... and did not seem open to explaining anything. It was very poorly organized.

Not to mention the german guy asked me to work out a euro hedging problem as soon as I mentioned I took a derivatives class. WTH. I got it right but when I couldn't do the accounting side of it they looked at me like I was a complete idiot. We don't learn how to do that in finance!! It was absolutely horrible. I have never been on a job interview that was conducted so unprofessionally.

Needless to say, I won't be getting that job.

No comments: