Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ironic

I just got home from the FMA meeting @ South. It was very, very depressing.

The speaker was a financial planner from Ameriprise w/ a recent finance graduate who is his para-planner.

How ironic is it that I just posted this morning about how nostalgic I was about my last job and then I have to go and hear this!

It's not fair. Life isn't fair though I guess. I was a para-planner and I was suppose to help take-over the team eventually. Just like this girl. Except she had no previous experience and I have a lot.

It's depressing. Why did I have to get laid off? Why did they make up that rule? I guess everything happens for a reason. But I don't like having it rubbed in my face.

I don't think I'll be going to many more FMA meetings. People ask the same stupid questions and speakers talk about the same stupid things. If you don't know how people get clients... you shouldn't be a business major. And yes, for the millionth time, we know what asset allocation and annuities are.

No comments: