Thursday, August 28, 2008

Broken promises

Today at work while I was scanning my endless room of loan files... I started to daydream. I always do this because scanning... doesn't take any brainpower whatsoever. I started to think about my last job at the brokerage firm. It has been almost a year since I was laid off.

It baffles me how co-workers who cry when they find out your leaving never contact you after you actually leave. The ones who beg management to let me stay and try to find a way around the rules. How they made me reassure them I would be coming back as soon as graduated... that this was only "temporary." I don't feel as though I don't have a place there anymore. They don't contact me at all... I feel as I am the only one who tries to keep in touch.

I understand being busy but it has been a YEAR. Maybe they don't want to talk to me anymore because they don't want to lead me on any farther. That's what I'm assuming.

It hurts and I feel as though a dream has been crushed. The day they told me I lost my job I could see all of my plans shattering... but I was reassured that this wouldn't change a thing. I don't know anymore. I need to start looking for a post-college job for real now I guess.

My current place of work is great... everyone is so nice and it really is a good environment to work in. Unfortunately, there isn't any job there I could have after I graduate. Either a loan originator or a loan processor. Hmm... pure commission or doing paperwork all day... no thanks.

No comments: