Saturday, March 14, 2009

It wasn't my Intention

Another day for you to wonder, another day for you to mourn,
It wasn't my intention to go before the coming dawn.
My pain was deep within my heart and troubled head,
It wasn't my intention to go without words said.

My frame of mind seemed normal, or so I heard them say,
It wasn't my intention not to see another day.
I did not mean to make you suffer or cause you so much pain,
It wasn't my intention to never see you again.

Despair and confusion left my aching mind unsure,
It wasn't my intention to suddenly close life's door.
If only I can give you reasons and brush the tears away,
It wasn't my intention to leave you and not stay.

I did not mean for you to grieve, now left alone to cry,
It wasn't my intention to leave you, forever asking why.
As the burden of life's worries slowly ebb from my heart
It wasn't my intention to tear your soul apart...

~Author Unknown~

No comments: